Assist Director of Dining in conducting overall account operation with non-negotiable standards of quality and hospitality. Provide inspirational account leadership and direct staff training and professional development. Assure the delivery of MG Core Values while controlling costs and guiding account efficiency and systems adherence. Establish a strong long-term MG-Client relationship.
About the Opportunity
This is a great opportunity to be an inspirational leader in the day to day presentation of food and delivery exceptional hospitality. Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. Be a leader in a unique company in the Dining Management industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Client relationships and account retention
- Overall front of the house operational responsibilities
- Create practical and innovative print and digital material to use for operational day-to-day functions in account, as well as large scale annual project materials.
- Social Media Marketing Responsibilities
- Supervising responsibilities and people development to ensure customer focus
- Financial accountability, loss control and inventory
- Managerial Responsibilities
- Operational and brand accountability
- Financial Accountability
- Food Preparation
- Loss Control and Inventory
- Safety and Sanitation
Company: Meriwether Godsey
Location: Hollins University, (Roanoke, Virginia)
Salary/Wage: $17.00-$18.00 per hour, based on experience
Status: Full time, Exempt
Job Category: Food Services/Hospitality
Education, Experience, & Requirements
- Associate’s Degree or 3-5 years related experience
- Working knowledge of Dining Room operations
- Proficiency and growing knowledge of sustainable practices
- Experience in economic and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource management principles and procedures
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification
- Valid Driver’s License and Personal Vehicle (mileage is reimbursed)
- “Loves Food, People, & Serving Others”: passion for food and hospitality, in and outside the workplace
Competencies Needed (and, most of all, the ability to inspire these talents in others!)
- Results oriented leadership and talent development
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic planning / action and project accountability / execution
- Adaptability, flexibility, resilience and change management
- Judgment, decision making and accountability
- Reasoning, creativity and innovation
- Conflict management and team building
- Quality, brand and regulatory assurance & attention to detail
- Customer care and focus
- Comprehension and application of commonly available technology
About the Company
Meriwether Godsey is an employee-owned Dining Management Company headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia. Founded in 1985 on the belief that true hospitality can exist in a “cafeteria”, we have built a family of employee owners who share our passion for food and commitment to service. As we grow, so does our family. MG employs nearly 500 talented and dedicated “owners” — managers, chefs, and service staff — operating throughout Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. Smaller by design, and regional in focus, means real involvement by long-tenured senior management.
MG’s Culture is our most substantial benefit. Experience it – you will understand! Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, matching 401K, profit sharing, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, job training programs, and paid vacations. We also offer employee stock ownership to reward tenure with the company.
EOE & WBE
MG is a certified WBE (Woman Business Enterprise, VA Department of Minority Business),
and an equal opportunity employer whose people-centric culture leads to diversity at all levels.
Please send your resume and application (http://www.merig.com/forms/application.pdf) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or fax application to (877) 384-1155. (you will need to save or print BEFORE you complete this form)