Assist in conducting overall catering event operations in harmony with MG Best Practices, Core Values, and non-negotiable standards of quality and hospitality. Plan, execute, and oversee catering events for superb customer experience. Provide inspirational catering leadership. Drive staff training and professional development towards a thorough MG style, attention-to-detail customer service focus. Supervise and control the catering services for the client to the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
About the Opportunity
This is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience in the Culinary Catering industry–learning from one of the best! Meriwether Godsey. offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. Help Meriwether Godsey be a leader in the Culinary Catering industry!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Event scheduling, planning, execution and follow up
- Partnership & marketing
- Customer focus and attention to detail
- Supervising responsibilities and people development to ensure customer focus
- Financial accountability, loss control and inventory
- Safety and Sanitation
Company: Meriwether Godsey
Location: Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens, (Richmond, VA)
Salary/Wage: $47,500-$50,000 salary, based on experience
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Job Category: Food Services/Hospitality
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or five to ten years related experience.
- 3-5 years experience in campus catering management. Working knowledge of front line operations.
- Experience in human resource management principles and procedures.
- Understanding of economic and accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency and growing knowledge of sustainable practices.
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- “Loves Food, People, & Serving Others”: passion for food and hospitality, in and outside the workplace.
Competencies Needed (and, most of all, the ability to inspire these talents in others!)
- Results oriented leadership and talent development
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic planning / action and project accountability / execution
- Adaptability, flexibility, resilience and change management
- Judgment, decision making and accountability
- Sales and marketing for growth
- Reasoning, creativity and innovation
- Conflict management and team building
- Quality, brand and regulatory assurance & attention to detail
- Customer care and focus
- Comprehension and application of commonly available technology
About the Company
Meriwether Godsey is an employee-owned Dining Management Company headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia. Founded in 1985 on the belief that true hospitality can exist in a “cafeteria”, we have built a family of employee owners who share our passion for food and commitment to service. As we grow, so does our family. MG employs nearly 500 talented and dedicated “owners” — managers, chefs, and service staff — operating throughout Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
Smaller by design, and regional in focus, means real involvement by long-tenured senior management.
MG’s Culture is our most substantial benefit. Experience it – you will understand! Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, matching 401K, profit sharing, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, job training programs, and paid vacations. We also offer employee stock ownership to reward tenure with the company.
EOE & WBE
MG is a certified WBE (Woman Business Enterprise, VA Department of Minority Business),
and an equal opportunity employer whose people-centric culture leads to diversity at all levels.
Fill out the application: Click here (you will need to save or print BEFORE you complete this form)