Assist Director of Dining Services with any aspects of account management assigned: including, but not limited to management of food preparation methods, portion sizes, garnishing, flavoring of food in harmony with non-negotiable standards of quality and hospitality. Provide inspirational account leadership and direct production staff training and professional development. Assure the delivery of the MG Core Values while controlling costs and guiding account efficiency and systems adherence. Establish a strong long-term MG-Client relationship.
About the Opportunity
This is a great opportunity to be an inspirational leader in the day to day preparation of food with one of the best! Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. Be a leader in a unique company in the Dining Management industry.
Please visit our site to learn more
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Client relationships and account retention
- Operational and brand accountability
- Production, Loss Control & Inventory
- Product Ordering & Receiving
- Safety & Sanitation
- Equipment Maintenance
- Training, Counseling, & Evaluating Staff
- Account Supervision
- Customer Service
- Quality & Brand Assurance
- Presentation & Culinary Artistry
Company: Meriwether Godsey
Location: The Sheridan School (Washington, DC)
Salary/Wage: $20.00 – $25.00 Hourly, Based on Experience
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Job Category: Food Services/Hospitality
Education, Experience, & Requirements
- Associate’s Degree or five or more years related experience
- 4-5 years experience in Chef/Management of Food Service Operations & Catering
- Mastery of food production techniques
- Culinary Artistry
- Working knowledge of frontline operations
- Experience in human resource management principles and procedures
- Experience in economic and accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency and growing knowledge of sustainable practices
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification Preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and Personal Vehicle
- “Loves Food, People, & Serving Others”: passion for food and hospitality, in and outside the workplace
Competencies Needed (and, most of all, the ability to inspire these talents in others!)
- Results oriented leadership and talent development
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic planning / action and project accountability / execution
- Adaptability, flexibility, resilience and change management
- Judgment, decision making, and accountability
- Sales and marketing for growth
- Reasoning, creativity, and innovation
- Conflict management and team building
- Quality, brand and regulatory assurance & attention to detail
- Customer care and focus
- Passion for fitness, wellness, and nutrition.
About the Company
Meriwether Godsey is an employee-owned Dining Management Company headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia. Founded in 1985 on the belief that true hospitality can exist in a “cafeteria”, we have built a family of employee owners who share our passion for food and commitment to service. As we grow, so does our family. MG employs nearly 500 talented and dedicated “owners” — managers, chefs, and service staff — operating throughout Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts. Smaller by design, and regional in focus means real involvement by long-tenured senior management.
MG’s Culture is our most substantial benefit. Experience it – you will understand! Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, matching 401K, profit sharing, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, job training programs, and paid vacations. We also offer employee stock ownership to reward tenure with the company.
Fill out the application: Click here (you will need to save or print BEFORE you complete this form.