Provide overall account leadership in harmony with MG Best Practices, Core Values, and non-negotiable standards of quality and hospitality. Provide support to several venues in the Richmond area while ensuring the assigned account provides service in line with MG’s Core Values and customer commitments through ongoing support, monitoring, coaching and feedback. Establish and maintain effective, long term, mutually beneficial client relationships; drive assigned accounts to exceed their operating and financial goals; and guide the skill development of managers and staff.
About the Opportunity
his is a great opportunity to be an inspirational leader in the day to day preparation of food with one of the best! Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. Be a leader in a unique company in the Dining Management industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operational and brand accountability
- Multi-unit oversight
- Client relationships
- Financial planning, costing and reporting summaries
- Recruit, train and develop staff
- Oversee menu development, purchasing and production
- Regulatory compliance
- Account sustainability
Company: Meriwether Godsey
Location: Richmond, VA
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Job Category: Food Services/Hospitality
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or ten to fifteen years related experience.
- 5 years Contract Food Service Operation, Catering, Management Experience. Working knowledge of front line operations.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Multi-unit oversight experience preferred.
- Mastery of human resource management principles and procedures.
- Mastery of economic and accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency and growing knowledge of sustainable practices.
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification.
- Valid Driver’s License and Personal Vehicle (mileage is reimbursed).
- “Loves Food, People, & Serving Others”: passion for food and hospitality, in and outside the workplace.
Competencies Needed (and, most of all, the ability to inspire these talents in others!)
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Results oriented leadership and talent development
- Adaptability, flexibility, resilience and change management
- Judgment, decision making and accountability
- Reasoning, creativity and innovation
- Conflict management and team building
- Quality, brand and regulatory assurance & attention to detail
- Customer care and focus
- Comprehension and application of commonly available technology
About the Company:
Meriwether Godsey is an employee-owned Dining Management Company headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia. Founded in 1985 on the belief that true hospitality can exist in a “cafeteria”, we have built a family of employee owners who share our passion for food and commitment to service. As we grow, so does our family. MG employs nearly 600 talented and dedicated “owners” — managers, chefs, and service staff — operating throughout Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. Smaller by design, and regional in focus, means real involvement by long-tenured senior management.
MG’s Culture is our most substantial benefit. Experience it – you will understand! Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, matching 401K, profit sharing, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, job training programs, and paid vacations. We also offer employee stock ownership to reward tenure with the company.
Please send your resume to email@example.com OR fax your application to (877) 384-1155. (you will need to save or print BEFORE you complete this form)