Participate in the preparation, cooking, and artistic presentation of a variety of items in large quantities for daily meals and special events. Maintain quality and perform tasks quickly and efficiently.
About the Opportunity
This is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience in the Culinary Catering industry–learning from one of the best! Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. Help Meriwether Godsey be a leader in the Culinary industry!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Production, Loss Control & Inventory
- Product Ordering & Receiving
- Safety & Sanitation
- Equipment Care & Maintenance
- Customer Service
- Record Keeping and Checklists
- Quality & Brand Assurance
- Presentation & Culinary Artistry
Company: Meriwether Godsey, Inc.
Location: NW Washington, DC
Salary/Wage: $18.00-$22.00 per hour, based on experience
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Job Category: Food Services/Hospitality
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Associate’s Degree or three to five years related experience
- Understanding of economic and accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency and growing knowledge of sustainable practices
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Required
- Reliable Transportation
- “Loves Food, People, & Serving Others”: passion for food and hospitality, in and outside the workplace
Competencies Needed (and, most of all, the ability to inspire these talents in others!)
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptability, flexibility, resilience and change management
- Judgment, decision making and accountability
- Customer care and focus
- Reasoning, creativity and innovation
- Quality, brand and regulatory assurance & attention to detail
About the Company
Meriwether Godsey is an employee-owned Dining Management Company headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia. Founded in 1985 on the belief that true hospitality can exist in a “cafeteria”, we have built a family of employee owners who share our passion for food and commitment to service. As we grow, so does our family. MG employs nearly 500 talented and dedicated “owners” — managers, chefs, and service staff — operating throughout Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. Smaller by design, and regional in focus, means real involvement by long-tenured senior management.
MG’s Culture is our most substantial benefit. Experience it – you will understand! Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, matching 401K, profit sharing, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, job training programs, and paid vacations. We also offer employee stock ownership to reward tenure with the company.
Please bring your application and apply in person at Sidwell Friends Upper School,
(3825 Wisconsin Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20016)
Monday – Thursday from 8 AM- 10 AM