¼ c sour cream or crème fraîche
¼ c olive oil
2 T fresh lemon juice
3 T dijon mustard
1 T dry white wine
¼ t white pepper
1 – 9 oz package fresh cheese tortellini (or other small pasta)
1 T olive oil
½ c thinly sliced red onion
¼ c chopped chives or green onion tops
¼ c chopped fresh dill (or 1 T dried)
2 T drained capers
3 oz smoked salmon or lox, cut into thin strips
1. Whisk first 6 ingredients in bowl, cover & chill dressing.
2. Cook tortellini in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, drain.
3. Transfer tortellini to bowl, add 1 T oil & toss to coat.
4. Add red onion, chives, dill & capers & toss again.
5. After cooled, add salmon & enough dressing to coat, toss well.
6. Chill & serve.