8 oz 3⁄4” brioche bread
1⁄2 c caramel sauce
2 c peeled 1⁄2” dice tart apple 1⁄2 c sugar
1 c whole milk
2 large eggs
1 t vanilla extract
1 t ground cinnamon
1⁄2 t salt
1. Dice brioche to 3⁄4”. Leave out, uncovered, several hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Grease 8-inch springform pan.
3. In saucepan, bring caramel to a boil. Add apples, reduce to simmer, 5 mins. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Combine sugar & milk in same saucepan over low heat. Heat until sugar melts, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat; let cool.
5. Whisk in eggs, vanilla, salt & cinnamon. Add brioche; fold to coat, gently mashing. Pour over apples.
6. Place pan on baking sheet; cover with foil. Bake 30 mins covered. Uncover, bake additional 20 mins. Let cool, then remove outer ring from springform pan. Put a plate on top of the bread pudding & flip, so apples are on top.
*Try warm with extra caramel & vanilla ice cream!