2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup carrot, diced
1 cup onion, diced
5 whole anchovy filets, drained
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp dried oregano & thyme
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp garlic, minced
28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, undrained, crushed
1 cup clam juice
1 cup dry white wine
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp brown sugar
24 little neck clams, cleaned
12 oz fish chunks, skinless
1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
3 tbsp fresh parsley & basil, chopped
salt & pepper
1. Sauté onions & carrots until just soft.
2. Add next 4 ingredients, let anchovies start to fall apart, add garlic & cook 1 min.
3. Add next 7 ingredients, up to & including brown sugar. Bring to boil, simmer 15 min.
4. Add seafood, cover & simmer about 4 min, until clams have opened & shrimp is opaque.*Discard any clams that did not open.
5. Add salt & pepper. Stir in fresh parsley & basil just before serving.
*Serve with grilled or crusty bread. Experiment with different types of fish & seafood available in your area. Careful not to overcook.