8 oz rice noodles
8 oz skinless, boneless chicken thighs 2 tbsp oil
2 c onion (julienned)
2 c matchstick carrots
1 c celery (thinly sliced on bias)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
3 c green cabbage (thinly sliced) 1 c chicken broth
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp black pepper
2 lemons (cut into wedges)
1. Soak rice noodles in warm water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain & discard water; set noodles aside.
2. In a large stock pot or kettle, cover raw chicken with chicken broth. Bring to boil; reduce heat, simmer chicken until tender enough to shred. When done, drain liquid; use mixer with paddle to shred chicken. Set aside.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large sauté pan or wok. Add onion, carrot & celery. Sauté 5-6 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften & brown.
4. Add garlic & cabbage. Sauté 6-8 minutes longer, taking care not to burn garlic.
5. Add reserved noodles & chicken, chicken broth, soy sauce & pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat & simmer 5-6 minutes, until the mixture is hot & vegetables are al dente. Add more chicken broth if mixture is too dry; add more soy sauce for additional flavor. 6. Serve lemon wedges on the side.